Monday 6 April 2015

Easter Ramble

Every year as a church we go for an easter ramble, we all head out for a 2 hour walk and only one guy really knows where we are going and we always just trust he knows whats right. This year it was only Me, my Dad and my sister Elspeth, so only half my family that could make it but with everyone there was quiet a large group of us. The easter ramble is always fun as you end up talking to people who you just say hi in passing to every sunday. There was a little girl called Lilly who was 5 years old and one of the cheekiest kids I know. She chatted to me and Elspeth for the whole two hours. Her favourite animal is a slug and she loves her monkey backpack. When she found out we hadn't packed a picnic she said that we would all share her cheese bagel.


She reminded me of me when I was little, this cheeky little tomboy that refuses to wear pink and loves bugs and mud. 



After the walk we heading for the duck pond in Goudhurst (in Kent) where we sat and had tea from our flasks and biscuits with flies in (not really flies more like sultanas). Whilst we were sat and the kids played I did a quick sketch but it was only quick as it started to get pretty chilly and everyone wanted to head home so didn't get to finish them but i quiet like the look of a quick/unfinished sketches.


No comments:

Post a Comment